WHEN IT’S TIME TO SELL A PROPERTY, YOU WANT IT TO SHOW AT ITS BEST. JOHN NAUMANN & ASSOCIATES AGENTS HAVE HELPED SELLERS WITH MAKING INFORMED REAL ESTATE DECISIONS SINCE 1975.
Selling a home or property successfully requires a good focus on just a few important steps. With your selling requirements in order, you will be ready to enjoy the process of showing your home to find the property’s next owner.
Here are Four Steps to take when you are ready to sell your property:
1. Hire a Real Estate Agent
Studies show that home sellers who use a real estate agent to represent them, usually get a better price than those who have decided to sell the home themselves. Active Realtors stay up-to-date on critical real estate processes and will help to keep your sales experience positive. They can also help you get your home sold at the best price in the right time-frame.
Equally as important, is how real estate agents will add valuable objectivity to what is an inherently, emotional transaction: The sale of your home.
2. Let John Naumann & Associates ‘Feature’ Your Home
Let our team of Realtors begin a quest to find you the right buyer for your property. We want to ‘feature’ your home listing and provide the marketing exposure it deserves. At our direction, your property listing will be promotionally presented to the real estate network that reaches across the US and elsewhere.
3. Before Your Home Is Listed
It’s important to have your home in good showing condition before buyers start going through it. Here are some steps to take:
- Touch up interior and exterior paint as needed.
- Make sure the front is clean and spruced up – curb appeal will create a favorable first impression.
- Trim bushes and plants as needed, and make sure the lawn is kept mowed and trimmed.
- Keep the interior clean, clutter and odor-free. Eliminate evidence of pets.
- Minimize personal items like photos. You want buyers to see themselves living in the home.
- Consider putting excess furniture and belongings in storage. Now’s the time to clean out the garage and sell, give or throw away items you don’t need anymore.
- Consider having a pre-listing inspection performed to address problems in advance. Buyers will be hiring professional inspectors of their own.
- Consider engaging a professional stager to give your home the right emotional appeal.
4. During the Listing Period
– When potential buyers visit your home, it’s always best to be absent. If not, you must make yourself as inconspicuous as possible while prospects are there.
– Have fresh flowers in the entryway. It makes for a friendly introduction into your home.
– If offers are made that don’t match your hoped-for price, don’t reject them offhand. Pay attention to your agent’s advice. Consider dropping the price if several months go by with few or no offers. But if you and your agent have priced your home properly from the start, a price drop shouldn’t be necessary.
– Don’t get discouraged. In a buyer’s market, homes may take longer to sell than during boom times.
John Naumann & Associates has been a leading expert in real estate for decades. Trust our experienced team of Realtors with the responsibility for managing the details of your most important sale. Take a moment now or later, and you can be in touch with one of us right away.